Tuesday, April 3, 2012

There’s An App for That


Last week I wrote about the Square credit card reader and smart phone app for taking credit card payments from customers. It’s a great little device and smart phone app that makes taking payments not only quick and easy, but also inexpensive. There are other clever and useful apps on the market, however, that combination is not usually present at the same time.

I have been thinking about small business problems that could be solved with a simple app like the Square credit card reader. What sort of problem or need can you imagine that a simple smart phone app would solve?

Share your ideas in the comments or send me an email. Maybe we can brainstorm a solution to a common small business problem.

3 comments:

  1. Grow Your SMB App - Sends Push notifications to a Business Owner's phone with suggestions, ideas and reminders. For example: {Push Notification @ Lunch Time} Find 1 person, introduce yourself and ask them what they do. A subtle reminder to network everywhere.

    Chris- Don't steal my idea.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremiah, I won't steal it. When will you be launching it?

      Delete
    2. Chris- It's just a matter of deciding how much of my free time I would like to allocate toward this project. Wait....I'm a start-up. I won't have free time for 3-5 years -if I do it right. ;)

      Delete