Friday, January 6, 2012

PowerPoint, Not Just For Presentations Anymore

One of the fun parts of being a start-up coach and consultant is I get to review lots of business plans. As you would imagine, some are good and others not so much. There has been what I consider an alarming trend over the past few months though. Entrepreneurs are using PowerPoint to create a "business plan." 


Now clearly, you can't write a business plan in PP unless maybe it's for a lemonade stand. Most people are clueless how to use PP to support a presentation, much less use it for a business plan. Don't get me started on the insane presentations people make using PP. Who in their right mind would try to write a business plan using presentation software? I know, it's nuts, but so-called entrepreneurs are doing it every day. 


If you need help writing a real business plan or developing a real presentation, drop me a line. I'm happy to help with either, but we won't be mixing them together.


www.BluePointStrategies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment